Terms & Conditions of The 2018 Local Business Charity Awards (Gloucestershire)
Terms and Conditions
- All activity referred to in entries must have taken place between November 2017 and July 2018.
- The Awards are based on the level of income of THE CHARITY
- The Jelf Award will be given to a local Gloucestershire business, nominated by a local Gloucestershire charity (which has an income of more than £200,000 a year), who the judges feel have gone the ‘extra mile’, either through time given, services provided or financial support to the charity. The charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
- The Ageas Insurance Award will go to a local Gloucestershire business, nominated by a local Gloucestershire charity (which has an income of less than £200,000 a year), who the judges feel have gone the ‘extra mile’, either through time given, services provided or financial support to the charity. The charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
- The Individual Award, with the prize of a £300 weekend away, will be given to an individual from a Gloucestershire company, nominated by a Gloucestershire charity, in recognition of their personal dedication and contribution to the charity.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to the awards is free and the closing date for entries is Friday 3 August 2018.
- Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 15 August 2018
- Finalists and nominating charities will be invited to attend the finals of the awards on Thursday 6 September 2018
- Nominations will only be received from charities. Businesses may not nominate themselves
- The awards are open to all businesses operating within Gloucestershire. The business must be actively supporting a local Gloucestershire charity, not a local branch of a national charity.
- A local Gloucestershire charity can nominate a local branch of a National company, however a National charity cannot nominate a local Gloucestershire company
- The awards are only open to local Gloucestershire charities; the charity must provide proof that the majority of their services are carried out in Gloucestershire and for the benefit of the people of Gloucestershire. An 80/20 split is acceptable.
- The charity must have their head office/head quarters in Gloucestershire.
- We are sorry but we can not accept submissions from local branches of national charities.
- The charity must have a UK registered charity number or be able to provide evidence of their governing documentation to be eligible
- The charity must provide proof of annual income and evidence of work undertaken both inside and outside of Gloucestershire
- Charities may only nominate one business in their award category. Multiple entries will not be permitted
- All charities, of all sizes may nominate in the 'Individual' category; only one nomination per charity
- PDF’S of brochures or general corporate marketing material will no longer be accepted as part of entries
- The weekend away is for 2 people, to the value of £300. There is no cash alternative available and the prize must be used on one occasion over one weekend. The prize does not include any extras, additional service charges or gratuities other than those listed.
- By accepting the prize the charity, business and individual agree to feature in post awards publicity.
- The decision of the judging panel is final