2016 Finalists Release
We are delighted to announce the finalists in the 2016 Local Business Charity Awards. Below you can download the press release in either word or pdf format. There is also a copy of the release pasted in below. If you have any questions at all please contact Louise Bruce email@example.com on 0787 602 6432. Thank you and congratulations to all our finalists.
|File Size:||504 kb|
For immediate release
Jelf Insurance Brokers announce finalists in the 2016 Local Business Charity Awards
Jelf Insurance Brokers have today announced the finalists in the 2016 Local Business Charity Awards. Founded by the insurance brokers in 2014, the awards aim to highlight and praise the support given to Gloucestershire charities by Gloucestershire businesses. 2016 saw a record number of entries, from charities of all shapes and sizes, across the three categories.
The judges for the 2016 awards were:
- Jenny Eastwood, editor of the Gloucestershire Echo
- Dame Janet Trotter DBE, the Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire
- Dr Diane Savory OBE, Chair of GFirst LEP
- Mr Alex Chalk, MP for Cheltenham
- Mr Phil Barton, Group CEO, Jelf Group PLC As per last year there were three awards to enter, Corporate, Team and Individual.
- Ecclesiastical Insurance for The Nelson trust
- Endsleigh Insurance for County Community Projects (CCP)
- Willans Solicitors for LINC
- Cheltenham Race Course for County Community Projects (CCP)
- Cotswold BMW for The Nelson Trust
- The SFC Group for Pied Piper
- Bex Lewis from Cleeve Residential Lettings for The National Star College
- Mark Ratcliffe from Endsleigh Insurance for County Community Projects (CCP)
- Nigel Bicknell from Bicko’s Bike Shack for The Nelson Trust
Phil Barton, CEO for Jelf Group, sponsor of the award said,
“Yet again the entries from Gloucestershire charities for the 2016 Local Business Charity Awards have exceeded all expectations. The level of commitment and support from Gloucestershire businesses is quite incredible, and everyone at Jelf is extremely proud to be running these awards and highlighting their great work.”
The awards final will take place on Thursday 17 November at The Star Bistro, National Star College, Ullenwood, Cheltenham. Winners of the Corporate and Team awards will win £1,000 each, to be donated to the charity they support. The winner of the individual award will win a weekend away to the value of £250.
ENDS NOVEMBER 2016
About the Local Business Charity Awards
- The awards were inaugurated in September 2014
- The awards recognise the contribution made by local Gloucestershire businesses and their staff to local Gloucestershire charities
- The awards are sponsored by Jelf Insurance Brokers
- All media enquiries for the awards should be addressed to:
- Louise Bruce, Big Red Box PR firstname.lastname@example.org 0787 602 6432.
- Follow the awards:
- Jelf is a leading consultancy supporting businesses and individuals with expert advice on matters relating to insurance, employee benefits, health insurance and financial planning. Its purpose is simple: to build a long-lasting relationship with clients and to become their Trusted Adviser.
- In December 2015 Jelf became part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a global leader in risk, strategy and people.
- Jelf was formed in 1989 by Chris Jelf and now has 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff.
- For further information about Jelf, please visit www.jelfgroup.com