Finalist release - 2018 N.Yorks
8 January 2019
Finalists announced for the Local Business Charity Awards (N.Yorks)
The finalists have been announced for the Local Business Charity Awards (N.Yorks), sponsored by insurance broker Jelf.
There were three awards to enter, the Jelf Award, for charities with an income of over £200,000 a year, the Harrogate Award for charities with an income of under £200,000 a year and the Individual Award.
To enter, charities had to nominate a N.Yorks business or individual, who had done an outstanding job supporting them. The charity who nominates the winner of either the Jelf or Harrogate awards, will receive a donation of £1,000. The winner of the Individual award will receive a weekend break to the value of £300.
In alphabetical order, the names of the finalists and the charities who nominated them are:
The Jelf Award
- CNG Ltd nominated by Claro Enterprises
- Dales Water nominated by Ripon Community Link & Walled Garden
- Dangerfield & Keane nominated by Dementia Forward
- High Street TV nominated by Harrogate District Care (St Michael’s Hospice)
- Northallerton Glass nominated by Chopsticks
The Harrogate Award
- Bishopston Vets nominated by Moorview Rescue
- Covance nominated by Pinewoods Conservation Group
- Harrogate Volkswagon nominated by Harrogate Supporting Older People
- Nags Head Pub nominated by Restarting Hearts in Northallerton
- Radfield Home Care – Harrogate, Wetherby & North Yorkshire nominated by Harrogate Hub
- Chris Milnes from Graphic Studio nominated by Harrogate Hospital Radio
- Emma Brownbridge from Indigo Greens nominated by The Snappy Trust
- Michelle Hennon from Sparkling Experiences nominated by Moorview Rescue
- Paul Greig from The Standard nominated by Restarting Hearts in Northallerton
- Sarah Wells from Bettys & Taylors nominated by Harrogate District Care (St Michael’s Hospice)
‘‘ Jelf have been sponsoring the Local Business Charity Awards across the UK since 2014 but this is our first year of hosting them here in N.Yorks and we could not be more delighted with the response we have received. The nominations we received were humbling to read and I know I speak for my fellow judges, David Kerfoot MBD DL, deputy Lord Lieutenant of North Yorkshire, Andrew Jones MP, Member of Parliament for Harrogate and Knaresborough, Dr Ruth Smith, main board member of York, North Yorkshire & East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership and Carolyn Frank, North Yorkshire development manager for the Federation of Small Businesses, when I say that choosing these finalists was not an easy job. We salute all of you who were nominated but did not make it through to the finals; your hard work, dedication and commitment has not gone unnoticed. Our huge congratulations to the finalists and we look forward to seeing them later on this month to reveal the names of the winners.’
All Local Business Charity Awards finals are held in a charity and catered for by a charity. In N.Yorkshire, the finals will be held at St Wilfrid’s Church, Harrogate on Wednesday 30th January 2019. Singers from the All Together Now community choir will be performing and the event will be catered for by Resurrected Bites based in St Mark’s Church, Harrogate. Food served on the night will be ‘The Best of North Yorkshire’, using only locally-grown and produced food, to reflect the very best of flavours in the county.
The event will be hosted by Peter Egerton from local radio station, Stray FM.
Although nominations for the awards are now closed, charities and businesses may continue to list themselves on the free ‘Support A Local Charity’ page, which aims to match up businesses and charities in N.Yorks in a skills and need swap.
ENDS JANUARY 2019
About the Local Business Charity Awards
- The Local Business Charity Awards were founded in September 2014
- The N.Yorks awards recognise the contribution made by N.Yorks businesses to N.Yorks charities
- The N.Yorks awards are sponsored by Jelf Insurance Brokers
- All media enquiries for the awards should be addressed to:
- Louise Bruce, Big Red Box PR
- 0787 602 6432.
- Follow the awards:
Jelf is an award winning consultancy that supports businesses and individuals with expert advice on matters relating to insurance, risk management and employee benefits. Its purpose is simple: to help business and individuals across the UK thrive.
Founded in 1989, Jelf became part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), a global leader in risk, strategy and people, in December 2015. In January 2017, Jelf was brought together with Bluefin to create one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers for mid-size and SME companies.
With almost 3,000 colleagues serving over 250,000 clients, Jelf has an extensive network of regional offices; enabling its advisers to provide an expert, personal service from over 75 locations across the UK.
For more information about Jelf please visit: www.jelfgroup.com