2018 Finalists Release (Oxon)
18 June 2018
Finalists announced in the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire)
The finalists have been announced in the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire), sponsored by insurance brokers A-Plan and Jelf.
To enter, charities had to nominate an Oxfordshire business or individual, who had done an outstanding job supporting them. If their nominated business wins, the charity will receive a donation of £1,000. The winner of the Individual award will receive a weekend break to the value of £300.
The names of the finalists and the charities who nominated them are:
The A-Plan Award
- FAI Farms nominated by Farm Ability
- Fairfax and Company nominated by The Charlbury Corner House and War Memorial Hall Charity
- Infineum UK Ltd nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
- Paws Pet Supplies and Fishing Bait nominated by Springfield Sanctuary
- Karcher (UK) Ltd nominated by Katherine House Hospice
- Sainsburys (Heyford Hill Branch) nominated by The Porch
- The Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire Oxford
- The Oxford Mail nominated by Oxford Hospitals Charity
- Aaron Gee from the Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire
- Charlie Poole from All Guard Services nominated by Banburyshire Citizens Project
- Sue Towlerton from Infineum UK Ltd nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
‘Firstly we would like to recognise the nominees who did not make it into the finals today. To even be nominated as a company who has done an outstanding job supporting a local charity, is something they should be extraordinarily proud of. As judges we had a tough job whittling down the nominees to these few finalists and to whom we offer our warmest congratulations. We are now very much looking forward to meeting them at the finals and to revealing the names of the eventual winners. Good luck to you all.’
The finals will be held on Thursday 5 July 2018 at The Hill End Centre, Eynsham. The event will be catered for by Oxfordshire charity Trax. The team will be producing food under the theme of ‘The Best of Oxfordshire’, using only locally-grown and produced foods and drinks, to reflect the very best of flavours in the county.
Although nominations for the awards are now closed, charities and businesses may continue to list themselves on the free ‘Support A Local Charity’ page, which aims to match up businesses and charities in a skills and need swap. https://www.localbusinesscharityawards.co.uk/support-a-local-charity-oxfordshire.html
ENDS JUNE 2018
About the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire)
- The awards were inaugurated in Gloucestershire in September 2014
- The awards recognise the contribution made by local Oxfordshire businesses and their staff to local Oxfordshire charities
- The awards are sponsored by Jelf and A-Plan
- All media enquiries for the awards should be addressed to:
- Louise Bruce email@example.com 0787 602 6432.
- Follow the awards:
Jelf is an award winning consultancy that supports businesses and individuals with expert advice on matters relating to insurance, risk management and employee benefits. Its purpose is simple: to help business and individuals across the UK thrive.
Founded in 1989, Jelf became part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), a global leader in risk, strategy and people, in December 2015. In January 2017, Jelf was brought together with Bluefin to create one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers for mid-size and SME companies.
With almost 3,000 colleagues serving over 250,000 clients, Jelf has an extensive network of regional offices; enabling its advisers to provide an expert, personal service from over 75 locations across the UK.
For more information about Jelf please visit: www.jelf.com
Established in 1963, A-Plan, the high street insurance broker, now has over 85 branches across the UK. The company provides a complete range of competitive insurance products to consumers and small businesses – from household, car, van, travel, pet, classic car and health insurance to shop, office, tradesman and fleet cover.
A-Plan prides itself on the personal level of service it offers to the communities in which it operates, arranging insurance to meet the exact needs of its clients. As such, A-Plan deals with clients at a personal level every step of the way.
For more information about A-Plan please visit: www.aplan.co.uk