2018 Nominees Release (Oxon)
12 June 2018
Nominees announced in the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire)
The nominees have been announced in the inaugural Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire), sponsored by insurance brokers A-Plan and Jelf.
There were three awards to enter, the Jelf, the A-Plan and the Individual Award.
To enter, charities had to nominate an Oxfordshire business or individual, who has done an outstanding job supporting them. If their nominated business wins, the charity will receive a donation of £1,000. The winner of the Individual award will receive a weekend break to the value of £300.
The names of the nominees and the charities who nominated them are:
The A-Plan Award
- The Midcounties Co-operative (Banbury Regional) nominated by Banburyshire Citizens Project
- Sapphire Spas Ltd nominated by Blue Skye Thinking
- FAI Farms nominated by Farm Ability
- Paws Pet Supplies and Fishing Bait nominated by Springfield Sanctuary
- Infineum nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
- Fairfax and Company nominated by Charlbury Corner House and Memorial Hall
- The Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire Oxford
- Reed Employment nominated by Helen and Douglas House
- The Westgate Centre nominated by Homeless Oxfordshire
- Karcher (UK) Ltd nominated by Katherine House Hospice
- The Oxford Mail nominated by Oxford Hospitals Charity
- Sainsburys (Heyford Hill Branch) nominated by The Porch
- Penny & Sinclair nominated by Magdalen College School and The Oxford Festival of the Arts
- Aaron Gee from the Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire
- Charlie Poole from All Guard Services nominated by Banburyshire Citizen Project
- Sue Towlerton from Infineum nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
Commenting on the nominations, Helen Costin, Marketing Manager at A-Plan Holdings said,
‘We’ve been delighted with the nominations we’ve received for the awards. They demonstrate that Oxfordshire is a county full of businesses and individuals, of all shapes and sizes, doing their best to support their local charities and these awards will give them the public recognition they deserve. As a local employer ourselves, we are acutely aware of the need to give back to our community and are proud to be co-sponsoring these awards with our friends Jelf, to show off the best of the best. Well done to all and we look forwards to seeing some of you in the finals soon.’
Finalists will be named on Monday 18 June 2018. The finals will be held on Thursday 5 July 2018 at The Hill End Centre, Eynsham.
The finals will be catered for by Oxfordshire charity Trax, who train young people in a variety of skills including outside catering. The team will be producing food under the theme of ‘The Best of Oxfordshire’, using only locally-grown and produced foods and drinks, to reflect the very best of flavours in the county.
Although nominations for the awards are now closed, charities and businesses may continue to list themselves on the free ‘Support A Local Charity’ page, which aims to match up businesses and charities in a skills and need swap. https://www.localbusinesscharityawards.co.uk/support-a-local-charity-oxfordshire.html
ENDS JUNE 2018
About the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire)
- The awards were inaugurated in Gloucestershire in September 2014
- The awards recognise the contribution made by local Oxfordshire businesses and their staff to local Oxfordshire charities
- The awards are sponsored by Jelf and A-Plan
- All media enquiries for the awards should be addressed to:
- Louise Bruce email@example.com 0787 602 6432.
- Follow the awards:
Jelf is an award winning consultancy that supports businesses and individuals with expert advice on matters relating to insurance, risk management and employee benefits. Its purpose is simple: to help business and individuals across the UK thrive.
Founded in 1989, Jelf became part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), a global leader in risk, strategy and people, in December 2015. In January 2017, Jelf was brought together with Bluefin to create one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers for mid-size and SME companies.
With almost 3,000 colleagues serving over 250,000 clients, Jelf has an extensive network of regional offices; enabling its advisers to provide an expert, personal service from over 75 locations across the UK.
For more information about Jelf please visit: www.jelf.com
Established in 1963, A-Plan, the high street insurance broker, now has over 85 branches across the UK. The company provides a complete range of competitive insurance products to consumers and small businesses – from household, car, van, travel, pet, classic car and health insurance to shop, office, tradesman and fleet cover.
A-Plan prides itself on the personal level of service it offers to the communities in which it operates, arranging insurance to meet the exact needs of its clients. As such, A-Plan deals with clients at a personal level every step of the way.
For more information about A-Plan please visit: www.aplan.co.uk