Terms & Conditions of The 2018 Local Business Charity Awards (Cumbria)
Terms and Conditions
- All activity referred to in entries must have taken place between April 2018 and April 2019.
- The Awards are based on the level of income of THE CHARITY
- The Jelf Award will be given to a local Cumbrian business, nominated by a local Cumbrian charity (which has an income of more than £200,000 a year), who the judges feel have gone the ‘extra mile’, either through time given, services provided or financial support to the charity. The charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
- The Cumbrian Award will go to a local Cumbrian business, nominated by a local Cumbrian charity (which has an income of less than £200,000 a year), who the judges feel have gone the ‘extra mile’, either through time given, services provided or financial support to the charity. The charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
- The Individual Award, with the prize of a £300 weekend away, will be given to an individual from a Cumbrian company, nominated by a Cumbrian charity, in recognition of their personal dedication and contribution to the charity.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to the awards is free and the closing date for entries is Monday 15 April 2019
- Finalists and nominating charities will be invited to attend the finals of the awards on Thursday 6 June 2019
- Nominations will only be received from charities. Businesses may not nominate themselves
- The awards are open to all businesses operating within Cumbria. The business must be actively supporting a local Cumbrian charity, not a local branch of a national charity.
- A local Cumbrian charity can nominate a local branch of a National company, however a National charity cannot nominate a local Cumbrian company
- The awards are only open to local Cumbrian charities; the charity must provide proof that the majority of their services are carried out in Cumbria and for the benefit of the people of Cumbria . An 80/20 split is acceptable.
- The charity must have their head office/head quarters in Cumbria.
- We are sorry but we can not accept submissions from local branches of National charities.
- The charity must have a UK registered charity number or be able to provide evidence of their governing documentation to be eligible
- The charity must provide proof of annual income and evidence of work undertaken both inside and outside of Cumbria
- Charities may only nominate one business in their award category. Multiple entries will not be permitted
- All charities, of all sizes may nominate in the 'Individual' category; only one nomination per charity
- PDF’S of brochures or general corporate marketing material will not be accepted as part of entries
- The weekend away is for 2 people, to the value of £300. There is no cash alternative available and the prize must be used on one occasion over one weekend. The prize does not include any extras, additional service charges or gratuities other than those listed.
- By accepting the prize the charity, business and individual agree to feature in post awards publicity.
- The decision of the judging panel is final